The Greater Richmond Interfaith Program seeks talented individuals who are motivated to help us carry out our mission of serving community members who are experiencing homelessness and hunger, along with difficulties related to trauma.
Please review the jobs listed and contact us directly for any additional inquires or questions.
( Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Covenant House International, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, marital/parental status, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran/ military status or any other protected characteristic as established under law)
For more infromation, questions or to submit applications, please contact us at the infromation listed below:
Address: 165 22nd Street Richmond, CA 94801
Phone: (510) 233-2141
Emergency Response Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Worker
- Responsible for direct support for daily operations of the “Safe House of the Homeless Program” operating at the Courtyard Marriott in Richmond, California; involved with program development and responsible for ensuring that program goals and objectives are met; includes task of providing meals, monitoring of apartment units and information and referral support to apartment residents.
- Maintain linkages with homeless service providers, government and privates’ agencies, etc. for resources and on-site and off-site services for clients; services to include, but not limited to: basic information and referral, medical and mental health referrals, drug and alcohol abuse reporting, meal deliveries including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Solicits the support of the case management team (include: case managers, vocational counselors, peer counselors and intake workers) when needed to ensure quality and appropriateness of service provided to SHFH residents
- Provides physical and remote monitoring, evaluation and development of client services
- Coordinates with other homeless provider agencies, government and private sector resources to maintain quality service delivery to clients to meet program goals.
- Attend and participate in assigned management meetings and represent GRIP as liaison to the community, as assigned.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Food Service Support
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Cook and Food Service Manager
- Prepare food under the direction of the Head Cook and/or Food Service Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe food service environment.
- Model a healthy work ethic and a servant attitude among staff and guests.
- Prepare, cook and serve meals according to the direction of the Head Cook.
- Clean and care for food service equipment and food preparation areas.
- Be responsible for the supervision of the kitchen help and others designated to work in this area in the carrying out
of their duties.
- Assist the Head Cook in food inventory.
- Perform various food service related tasks as assigned.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director
- Recruit and train new volunteers
- Match volunteers to opportunities that best suit their skills
- Inform and keep volunteers organized and up to date on service standards and organizational goals
- Manage schedules for everyday volunteer activities
- Track volunteer hours and provide constructive feedback as needed
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Assistant
- Provide administrative support to the operations of the office
- Support managers and employees through a variety of task related organizational communication
- Responsible for confidential , time sensitive material
- Complete and deliver administrative work accurately in a timely matter
- Answer phones and maintain contact lists
- Organize scheduling and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letter, faxes and forms
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies.
- Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected.